Published on:

What Should I Do If I Cannot Make My Chapter 13 Plan Payments?

If you find that you cannot make your payments under your confirmed Chapter 13 Plan, you should call and write your trustee’s office and let the trustee know when and why you cannot make your payments, and whether the situation is temporary or permanent. If it is temporary, the trustee will usually agree to give you time to catch up. If, however, you permanently cannot make your Plan payment, the trustee may move to dismiss your case or convert your bankruptcy to another chapter. If your situation is permanent, there is another solution. Your Jacksonville Bankruptcy Attorney can file a motion with the court to modify your Chapter 13 Plan payments. Call us today to discuss your case.

Contact Information